Saturday, June 16, 2012

Acts 6-7 Stephen the martyr

I will summarize Stephens last words and my impressions as I read them.

In Acts chapter 6:6-8 Stephen is called and ordained of God, He had such faith that miracles and wonders were his companion.  In Acts chapter 7: 51-60 Stephen was frustrated with the people for not listening to the spirit and they would not learn from those that came before them, they did as their parents did and persecuted the prophets even Jesus and they were doing the same to Stephen they had been visited by angels and still strayed from the truth.   Well the people didn't take this very well and they through him out of the city and began to stone him as they did he looked up into heaven.  55 But, he being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56 and said, behold, I see the heavens opened and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.
When Stephen declared these words he told the world a specific truth that God and Jesus Christ are not one being but two separate beings that work together.  I know that Stephen died knowing he would be saved in the Kingdom of God and he was so amazing that he even asked for God not to judge the people for stoning him to death.  how bad would I feel if that had happend to me?

No comments: